Thursday 30 June 2011

Jenny Linsky cat


I made this Jenny Linsky black cat with red scarf for a customer on Etsy, and I like it so much, I think I might make one for myself. If you'd like one, too, I'm taking orders in my Etsy shop.

I was unaware of Esther Averill's charming cat books until making this order, but loved the illustrations so much that I have ordered myself a copy. The illustrations are full of mischief and life - drawn by someone who has clearly spent a lot of time surrounded by lively cats.

This is one of the things I enjoy so much about custom orders - it's a two-way process. My customers get to enjoy the hand-made item that can't be bought off the shelf in a shop, and sometimes I discover new artists, books, or films that I've never heard of before.

No comments:

Post a Comment